Exhibitionism is not a disease. How to demonstrate yourself without prejudice to others.
Exhibitionism is a demonstration of a naked body to strangers, in most cases people of the opposite sex are chosen as witnesses. The purpose of undressing in a public place is to attract the attention of the crowd and cause emotions, for example, surprise, fright or interest. The indifference of the public will not satisfy the needs of the exhibitionist and may entail an attack of aggression.
There are two types of exhibitionism: false, when a person is exposed from hooligan motives, and true, when a person does not control his actions.
For the most part, exhibitionists are quite young men, as a rule, have not reached 40 years of age. In some cases, exhibitionists are quite successful, married, financially secured and have a certain social status, in others – have low self -esteem, are bashful and have problems in communicating with the opposite sex.
The reasons for the appearance of exhibitionism
Sexologists and psychologists involved in the problem believe that in some cases exhibitionism is a kind of reaction to the appearance of clothing and a common public opinion about the shamefulness of nudity.
Sometimes the causes of this sexual disorder lie in distant childhood due to psychological injuries, for example, parents found masturbation or, conversely, the child became a witness to the sexual games of adults.
Often there are physiological injuries – damage to certain areas of the brain.
Chronic alcoholism can also cause sexual pathology, often people naked in public places are intoxicated.
Do I need to treat exhibitionism?
Followers of the exhibitionist movement refute the generally accepted opinion about their own abnormality and claim that they simply want to erase the boundaries of the unreasonable. Fans of cashing everywhere and everywhere even came up with their dictionary of professional terms:
- Godival– exposure without witnesses, for example, walk around the room or sunbathe on the roof of a high -rise building. These people are not looking for someone else’s attention, they are excited by the idea that someone will accidentally notice them.
- Raisa– exposure to a loved one who photographs or removes the process on the camera and at the same time insures from the appearance of unwanted witnesses.
- Flashing– Demonstration of the naked body publicly.
In the first two cases of intervention of psychologists or sexopathologists, no exhibitionist does not violate public order. The third may need long -term psychiatric or therapeutic treatment.
Exhibitionist – man or woman?
It is believed that only male representatives are publicly exposed, but this is not so. Based on the results of the research, it was summarized that exhibitionist inclinations appear in more than 4% of women and only 1.8% of men.
How to demonstrate yourself without prejudice to others
In most cases, society is extremely negative about exhibitionists, considering them crazy or sociopaths. But what to do with the fact that he wants to show his body, without gleaming at the same time a pervert, masturbation and, in general, an immoral personality? There are many options, oddly enough:
- You can visit nudist beaches, no one will definitely look there with condemnation. This option is suitable for representatives of both sexes.
- Men can flaunt with a naked torso or in a shirt, unbuttoned more permitted, excited from the thought that someone is looking at them.
The girls have undoubtedly more opportunities for their own body:
- It is allowed to be on any beach topless.
- You can wear short skirts or dresses with a deep neckline, causing the envy of the surrounding women and the undisguised delight of men passing by.
But the ability to show yourself is not limited to crowded places, and in the walls of the house you can also appear in all its glory, for example, forgetting to cover the door to the bathroom or dance striptease for a beloved man. A special highlight in relations with a partner can be the process of self -satisfaction in his eyes.